Sunday, October 18, 2009

Raquel's Baptism

Where has the time gone? I just can't believe my "baby" girl was baptized!! It seems like just yesterday that she was as little as Raigan and now she is turning into a lovely young lady. Here she is going to her baptismal interview with her daddy by her side. No worries though, because I gave her the all the answers before she left. Yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, no.
And here she is this past Saturday at her baptism. It turned out to be a wonderful day for everyone. Todd's parents drove up from California and that made her day even more special. The weather didn't cooperate very much, considering the torrential downpour that we had all morning, but we managed to keep that white dress clean! And her dress turned out AMAZING!! My sweet mother was literally working on it until the night before her baptism, but it turned out awesome. And a special thank you to Margo who made her tear drop pearl earrings for her to wear. Everything went well and Todd's mom gave a great talk before her baptism and everyone loved the video that Uncle Neil sent of one of his songs he sings with his band After the Storm. We had so much love and support from family and friends and we really appreciate all of you!! Thank you to my girlfriends who brought desserts to share at the last minute!! It was a fantastic day that I know we will all remember and we spent the rest of the weekend playing games and spending time with our family. I am so proud of my sweet Raquel and her decision to get baptized!!

Seriously, my hair is driving me insane. Can we say helmet hair? Help. Oh well . . .

Raquel with her Grandpa & Grandma Jarman

Raquel with her Grandpa & Grandma Shelton

Raquel with Lavonda & Annie


One last little tidbit. Funniest moment of the day was my sweet Marcus. He was so excited about Raquel getting baptized and he kept talking about the water. Right before we started he leans over to Todd and whispers, "Dad, dunk Raquel!" and then starts giggling. He thought it was going to be like a swimming pool party I guess. Totally cracked us up right before we needed to be reverent. Thanks Marcus!!

5 comments:

Angela Jarman said...

Raquel,
Congratulations on your Baptism. We are so proud of you and your decision. You were in our thoughts and prayers. Wish we could have been there. We love you!!

Annie Jarman said...

We were thinking about you too, Raquel! Wish we could have been there! Love you!

Unknown said...

Thank You for inviting us to Raquels baptism. Like I said before the invitations were so cute. And Raquel...well...that girl is just dang cute too!

So is your blog background! Love ya!

Rene said...

What a beautiful baptism it was! The spirit was so strong when Todd was "dunking" her (marcus's term, not mine) that it brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how fast these girls are growing up.
Oh, and I can't believe she passed the interview with your answers...you gave her the temple recommend answers, not the baptism ones!

Clarissa said...

First of all...your hair looks great! It was a great baptism. I am glad that Savannah and I were able to go. She is a fabulous young lady.