Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Potty Mishaps & Permanent Markers

The joys of motherhood. Wow, that was an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. My children are the hardest thing I have ever done, but they do give me the best stories for my blog so we'll keep them around. About a week after we moved into our new home Todd and I were watching TV, unwinding after another long day of trying to get settled. As I mentioned before my kids were still adjusting to new surroundings and what not. So, as we're watching TV we hear this loud bang from the kids' room and Todd runs up there thinking someone has fallen out of bed. He finds Raquel standing right by her closet door and he watches as she pulls down her underthings and squats down preparing to go to the potty!! Holy Crap!! He totally freaks out and yells, "Raquel, what are you doing?" So, I run upstairs as he is guiding her to the bathroom and I take her in to go to the potty. Unbeknownst to me she is actually still asleep and she goes into the bathroom and sits on the toilet and starts to go pee. Only problem is the toilet seat lid is down and she is peeing on top of it. So, I freak out and yell, "Raquel, what are you doing?" I pull her off and open the toilet and no joke the kid finishes going pee in the toilet. This whole time I am talking to her, but getting no response. I put her back to bed and in the morning I ask her if she remembers almost peeing in her closet last night and she has NO recollection of the entire incident. Wow, this girl has some sleeping issues. Not only does she snore like a trucker, talk constantly in her sleep and have night terrors (you know, scream at the top of her lungs like someone is killing her and I run to her totally freaked out and she is still sleeping) but now she is a peeing sleepwalker as well. Super.

Now, onto my darling son. As you can probably figure out by the name of this post it has something to do with a permanent marker. A black permanent marker to be exact. You could say that I have been distracted trying to get everything put away and make our home feel like home. Normally my children aren't allowed anywhere near a permanent marker but my son somehow finds one in all the moving mess and decides, oh, I don't know - to color! Not on a coloring book or piece of paper as you might be thinking. No, he decides to color all over the top of the DVD player and a whole shelf on my bookcase in my office. I just want to clarify that no Marcus was hurt during the telling of this story or when this story was happening. The worst part mind you, the WORST part was that he decided that one of mommy's books was a great place to color too. He colored on my treasured FRIENDS book - a compilation of their ten years on TV. Now to most of you this might be no big deal, but to those of you who are true FRIENDS fans, let us all gasp in shock and horror at this crime against all fans of FRIENDS. And the reason my son isn't simply living out his life in time out is the most magical cleaning tool ever made. The magic eraser!! Bless the woman who invented that thing because it took everything off and I don't ever need to know what's in the dang thing, just that it takes it all off!! Super.

2 comments:

Annie Jarman said...

Night terrors!! I think Aidan had one a week or so ago! He just screamed and screamed and nothing we could do calmed him down. I touched him on the cheek and he kind of just snapped out of it, looked at me, laid down and went right back to sleep. SO strange!!

And I don't know what mama hasn't had a child do some decorating with a permanent marker. Glad the magic eraser worked!

Kate said...

I love your blog... keep writing!