Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breaking Dawn

To all my fellow Breaking Dawn fans, wasn't Friday night wonderful!?!? I like any dedicated Stephenie Meyer fan was at my local Barnes & Noble at about 9:00 p.m. I went with my dearest girlfriends, Lavonda & Annie, who were here visiting and believe it or not - my little Raquel wanted to come too!
They were going to start handing out wristbands at 10:00 p.m., so we got in line for that at about 9:15 and we were the second group of people in line. I started visiting with the group of ladies in front of us because they saw my homemade t-shirt and just loved it. We were all so giddy with anticipation and in such a good mood. The best part was telling all the people who walked in the door that we were the front of the line and the back was somewhere WAY back there!! The gasps and looks of shock were priceless I tell you, priceless. We got our wristbands at 10 and we were in group A, which would be the first group to get their books and they were only allowing 20 people per group so we felt pretty special. Then, we claimed a corner of Barnes & Noble and proceeded to hang out for the next two hours until they released Breaking Dawn. I found out that my newfound friends were in fact all LDS and from a ward in Post Falls, Idaho, which is about 20 minutes from where I live. We had a funtastic good time and by the end of the night I was officially dubbed their new friend - "Traci From The Line".
We got in line about a quarter to twelve and yes, as you all might suspect I was counting down right along with all the teenagers and I am not ashamed to say that I hooted and hollered and screamed when midnight struck as well. I got my copy and was home by 12:30 to read until I fell asleep with the book in my hands at about 3:00 a.m. I woke the next morning and diligently ignored my family until I was about half way done and then they made me pay attention to them. I seriously thought about taking it to church with me on Sunday, but it was too big to hide behind my scriptures so I could read. I finally finished it on Monday when my family left me alone and can I just say - Stephenie Meyer, you rock!! LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! I want to change my name to Mrs. Edward Cullen - anyone else?

Check out my t-shirt that I made. It says Edward, Jacob, Edward, Jacob on the front and Cullen vs. Black on the back. I totally rock!!

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

I am a little jealous. I think that it would have been way more fun if I was with you. I haven't finished the book yet...gasp! It's hard to find the time, and keep my eyes open at night. I miss you a ton! I hope that I can come visit you soon!!!!

Annie Jarman said...

You are crazy!

My sister just leant me "Twilight". She has the first three in the series and only brought me the first one in case I didn't like it. She warned me that it was sappy teenage romance. I told her that was precisely why I wanted to read it. :)

Kate said...

Hey Hey... from one Twilight fan to another... you really DO rock! By the way... does your Grandma know you skipped out on the family reunion to read Twilight? Whoops- does she read this blog LOL

Crazy Corinne said...

Your pics are great Traci!!! We did have a great time!!! I am so happy that you called me back! We will for sho send you an invite to the Twilight party!! WOOT!