Monday, August 25, 2008

Kate's 40th Birthday


I love pulling off surprises! I don't think I like them done on me so much, but I love it when I can pull one off on someone else. Kate turned 40 yesterday and my plan was to drive to Kennewick Friday night as soon as Todd got off work and surprise her. So, I had Todd call Clint during the week to let him in on what I was gonna do and to make sure she would be home. All went according to plan. I took Raquel with me so she could see Allison and we left about 6:45 p.m. on Friday night. It takes a little over two hours to get there and I was a little nervous because it would be dark when we got there and Todd wasn't with me and I wasn't familiar enough with the area. But never fear, I had my mapquest instructions in hand and all would be well.


Mapquest sucks.


I followed every turn and street it told me to take and I ended up on the wrong street in the wrong part of town and then I was screwed. I had no idea where I was and I just kept driving and getting more lost. I called Todd totally freaking out that if I couldn't get there on my own that it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I had to call her for directions!! My ever calm husband got onto Google and found street maps and we figured out where I was and where I had to go to get to Kate's.


Google rocks.


I show up on her doorstep after 10:00 p.m. (another two hour trip that took three) with flowers and a birthday cake in hand, with lit up candles and all. We rang the doorbell and she answered and she was totally surprised! She had no idea!! Yeah!! We had so much fun the next day shopping and eating and just celebratin' the big 4-0! Much love to you my bestest girl. I love ya'!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the absolute coolest best girlfriend Kate could have!