Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goodbye Spokane, Hello Chehalis . . . Again?!?

Hey Everybody!! Well, we made it and we are settled at my parents house and I finally figured out how to transfer the pictures from my camera to my parents computer!! Yay - the blogging can go on!! I was worried for a bit that I wouldn't be able to get my pictures and blogging without pictures is just, well, let's all admit it - BORING!! I was in a bit of a panic thinking I might not be blogging for possibly months, but I figured it out and now all is right in my world!!

I should probably back up a bit. Our move over from Spokane went really well and without any problems. My parents, of course, are super excited to have us "visiting" and are just rearranging their house to accomodate us. It's really very sweet. I think they might start missing their naps though, because my kids aren't having any of that. If they can't find Grandma and Papa they go in search of them and there are kitties down at Papa's shop right now, so I'm afraid he gets no peace even when he escapes down there. He usually has a little shadow following him down to see the kitties!! It's really nice to be back at what really feels like home for us and our kids.

So, we got in on a Friday and our first Sunday back in our ward, which was our ward before we moved, was pretty funny. Before the day was over Todd was already teaching a class the next week and I had a calling. Seriously!! I told my bishop that he didn't even have our records yet, how could he give me a calling!! He just laughed at me. It's nice to be among good friends again and to feel so welcomed and loved. We liked Spokane, but I think this area will always feel so right to us.
On Monday Raquel started school. I was so nervous for her. The poor kid has had to start a new school every year she's been in so far!! You know that mother worry. I hope she likes her teacher and that she makes a friend and that no one is mean to her and that she is happy. And of course, as is tradition for me, I dropped her off and then cried all the way home. I really don't like to cry, and I really, really don't like to cry in public, so I held myself together until I got in the car, but I still bawled like a baby. I was so ansy that whole first day until she got home and as she was leaving the bus someone yelled, "Bye, Raquel!!" and then I knew she had made a friend. After her first week she seems to be enjoying herself. This is her on her first day. Isn't she so stylish?
Marcus will start preschool on the 15th at the same school Raquel goes to, so that will be nice to have them together. He is really, really excited to go to school like Raquel. Let's hope that lasts after he goes the first day and realizes he has to listen and learn!! He had another run in with the infamous bike helmet. (When we moved to Spokane he refused to take off his sister's pink bike helmet for over a week! He even slept in it.) A few days after we got here he got a free helmet for going in for his well child check up and was wearing it all over the place again. At least this one is blue and we don't HAVE to wear it when we are sleeping!! I think preschool might be an issue if we have to wear the helmet!! Aahh, my boy - I love ya'!!

It will be really strange to only have Raigan for half of the day. I need to get ready to go back to school so I can start working when she leaves me and I'm all alone all day!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

HAHA I love the bike helmet. I think I'm gonna get one to wear when I'm stressed. And Raquel is just beautiful as always. Love you guys!

Brooke Moss said...

Raquel is such a fashion diva, just like my Alice! Its my favorite thing about her!! P.S. Alice said primary "sucked" without your daughter.. Thats right, she said "Sucked". Rad.

Rene said...

Just stay here, would ya?
Raquel looks beautiful and Marcus cracks me up in the helmet! He told me he's ready to come over for another Nerf gun war.

Momma Sarah said...

YEAH! Glad you are 'back'! Reading this post made me all homesick - good 'ol Adna Ward, eh?