Sunday, July 25, 2010

June - Part Two

Two more super awesome things happened in June that I thought deserved their own post! Back in May some of my girlfriends challenged me to do The Sound to Narrows 12k race. And I agreed! Crazy, right? Well, I trained pretty steadily from May to June and we did it. We walked and jogged cuz baby, I ain't no runner - and we finished almost 8 miles in a little over 2 hours. It was awesome! I felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment. And it has just kept me motivated to keep going. I now seldom miss a day on my treadmill and I love feeling stronger and healthier. Thankfully, I did not bring my camera that day, but if you must see pics check out Brook, Clarissa, Heidi or Rachel's blog and I think they have them.

And the other thing that happened was the ECLIPSE premier!! It was so fun to get an awesome group of ladies together to see the midnight showing. We met at the theater at 9pm and visited and such until we got into our theater. Then, I forced them all to win their movie candy by answering trivia questions about the movie. We even ran into a group of girls that had seen New Moon with us the year before. It was so crazy that we were in the same theater again with them!! Must say, loved the movie - shocking, I know - and loved a super fun night out with my ladies!! Don't be jealous of Clarissa and I's matching tee's!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah!! So glad to see you back on the blog bandwagon!! I think your house is darling and I can't wait to see it! Love all the posts.

Clarissa said...

HOLY BLOG POSTS, BATMAN!!!
I read every word...enjoyed every picture. Welcome back. Now I just need to go play catch up myself!!

Barbi Mecham said...

Way to go Trac! I am working on the working out thing myself.

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

So glad you finally updated this thing!! But could you kindly take down the pictures with me in them!! For freak sake now do you see why I run from cameras???
Love YA:)

Unknown said...

Thank you! FOR FINALLY BLOGGING! Lol....not that I don't see you ALL the time and know what is happening in your life! But I like to see the pics :-) Love ya!

RR said...

I'm ready for my once a year update! ha..