Monday, November 10, 2008

Slip-N-Slide

The duplex we are renting is an older home and we've realized that the stairs are just a bit narrower than our old house and they're carpeted as well. Since we've moved in we've all actually slipped on a stair and fallen on our bums and had a good laugh. Last Sunday we were running around as usual trying to get ready for church and be on time. I was trucking it downstairs and I slipped off the second step and took the last four on my back. Ouch! Of course I threw my arms out to try and catch myself, but that didn't work either. I hit my arm so hard on the wall going down that I was sure I had broken it. Thank goodness it wasn't. Just this nasty bruise and holy crap was I sore. I'm not old by any means, but I sure felt this a lot more than I did when I was younger. Everything hurt!! And, no TH, I am not whining, I am just sharing with everyone what a clutz I am so no mean comments!! Enjoy my pain!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang! That's a doozy! When are you coming back for a visit????

Clarissa said...

Man, I feel your pain! I have taken a tumble down EVERY set of stairs (3) in our house a few times. Be careful with yourself.

Todd Devenish said...

um, ugh, um, no comment!! Is that the arm you hit with?? I might be safe this week!

Crazy Corinne said...

Ouchie girl! That sucks! We had deadly stairs like that! Looks like they gave you a good beating! (were you on time?) :)