Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween


I just had the best Halloween I think I have ever had in my life. Growing up Halloween was never a big deal because my mom hates Halloween and the month of October in general. In fact, I was actually due in October and my mom willed me to stay inside of her until November rolled around!! Thanks Mom!! So, we never made a big deal about the holiday. This year though my kids are older and they were all excited about it and for once we actually live in a city where you can walk around trick-or-treating. I will admit at first I was dragging my feet about even taking them out, but they were just so excited - even sweet little Marcus was walking around the house practicing his "Trick-or-Treat"!! We drove over two streets to where all the "rich" people live and met up with my girlfriends Allie and Kim and we all went out together. It's hard to describe it, but the reason I had such a good time was simply watching my kids. This was literally the first time either of them had been trick-or-treating door to door and they were SO excited!! Just watching them run up to strangers doors and yell trick-or-treat and run back to me so happy about just getting a piece of candy was so fun. My little Marcus running just as fast as he could to keep up with his much faster big sister - oh, it makes me smile just thinking about it. The neighborhood was really great too with tons of decorations, fog machines and even a haunted backyard. I didn't realize it at the time, but we were out there for two hours!! And my sweet babies were running from house to house for most of that time. Needless to say they passed out when we got home. What a great night with my kids and I must say, definitely my most favorite Halloween yet. (Raigan, we'll get you next year sweetie - you slept through the whole night at home with Daddy!!)

9 comments:

Clarissa said...

I am glad that you had such a good time..
NICE BACKGROUND!!!

Crazy Corinne said...

That is soo cool! My mom never "celebrated" either, so I was starting off like that, but this year we got into it!

I love your little vampires! I see you are raising them well! ;)

Annie Jarman said...

Cutest vampires ever!!

broken face and contrite spirit said...

i hope its ok that i found you "blog stocking" as my sister-in-law would say. Traci Gwen I have missed you!! Your kids are way cute and I can't get over how much your girls look like you!!
ive been thinking about you so much lately probally cause your birthday is coming up...Happy birthday by the way! anyway just wanted to say hi i miss ya!!
Mandirae

Kate said...

Yeah... I love it when you update your blog! I can't believe you've never taken your kids trick or treating! Next year you'll have to let Todd tag along as well so he can feel the joy :) Love ya- 19 days and counting!

Rene said...

I saw the same cute pic of your kids at church today... proud toting grandma! I can't believe your kids had never been trick or treating! Glad it was fun!

Clarissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope you have a great day. Love ya!!

Liz said...

Did you pick your kids costumes or did they just "happen" to want to be vampires? Hmmm Traci? I agree, trick or treating here is way better than anyplace else we've lived.

Smelly Moose said...

HEY! Saw your blog on Liz's so I thought I'd say hi! I know what you mean about Halloween--I'm not a huge fan either, but it is fun watching the kids have a blast :) I'm excited for Evening In Excellence! I think it will go great! I'll see if I can come help set up on Tuesday morning