Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Ward

This past weekend we had Stake Conference and we are now in a new ward!! They had announced two Sundays before that a new ward was being added to our Stake and all would be divulged at the adult session of Stake Conference. As you can imagine, speculations and gossiping ensued for the next two weeks until conference. And there were so many people at the Saturday session that they had to overflow them to another building in our stake and televise it so everyone could attend!! Crazy. My dear girlfriends Kim and Allie assured me that we would not be affected (we live only houses away from one another) and that we would most likely stay in our ward and just get some other families from other wards. Nope!! They threw that map up on the big screen and I think every ward in our Stake has changed and we are now going to a different ward!! Fun!Fun! Thankfully there are quite a few families that we have gotten to know that will also be moving to the new ward so we don't have to completely start over getting to know our ward! We just moved here in July for heaven's sake! I was just sorting out who everyone in Pines ward was and now I'll have to start over in Belle Terre ward! I am kinda bummed that some of my girlfriends are now in two other different wards, but I'm sure we'll still get together for our playdates and chitt-chatting!! And hey, new ward, no callings for a bit so we can just go to church and not have any other responsibilites right now, right?!? I'll keep you posted on the transition. The best part is that Todd will be at a chiropractic seminar this weekend and I will be going to our new ward by myself with the kids. Great first impression we'll make I'm sure! LOL!!

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

What a bummer!!! But I know you will make the best of it, you always do.

Kate said...

Who can help but love you?

Rene said...

Good Luck and I hope you don't get called to be the new RS pres!