Monday, February 16, 2009

Speech Therapy

Raquel and Marcus fight like dogs most of the time. I blame myself for spacing them too far apart and now they seldom want anything to do with one another. I'm sure none of you have this same problem with your kids!! Anyways, I have really been concerned about Marcus' speech lately and his inability to communicate to us what he wants. This leads to our frustration and his temper tantrums. A couple of my girlfriends here told me about some free testing that the school district will do to see if they can help him before he falls behind (thank you Kim & Liz!!). So the other morning I was telling Todd about the appointment I had made for Marcus and all the details and I often forget that Raquel is ALWAYS listening to me even if she isn't included in the conversation. Later that afternoon I go downstairs to my office and before I round the corner I can hear Raquel and Marcus talking. I wait for a second and discover that Raquel is drilling Marcus on his ABC's!! I poked my head around the corner and she has him standing in the corner of my office and she is saying A, and then making him repeat, B, repeat and so on!! How sweet is that!! She overheard me worrying about his speech and took it upon herself to drill him on his letters to help him get better! That was such a great moment for me to see them actually caring about one another. Now - let the fighting resume!!

This is an old pic, but was the only one I could find of the two of them together in the last six months and Marcus' face is hilarious!!

5 comments:

Kate said...

That is soooo sweet, and great that Marcus can get tested. Emily went through speech therapy when she was about 3 and it did wonders. She only did it about 6 months and it totally caught her up!

Liz said...

What a loving sister. You have to watch those girls, they're like little spies. Let me know what you find out abour Marcus.

Lindsey said...

I love it when they work together! It's my favorite thing to watch. I remember during Christmas when they were ACTUALLY playing together with that chalkboard she got. I couldn't stop watching. Love them.

Momma Sarah said...

Awwww, they do love each other! They just choose to show it in un-loving ways.

Clarissa said...

They do love each other...don't they? I have to keep telling myself that about my kids. I love those moments. A few years ago, I caught Payton and Savannah baptizing each other. Too cute!