Monday, October 20, 2008

New Post Alert!!

I know, I know - it has been forever since I updated my blog!! And for those who I have seriously offended please accept my most humble apologies (Clarissa, Kate & Lindsey)!! I just feel so busy here all the time and I'm not sure why. I think I'm doing the same things I always did, but maybe it's just the hustle and bustle of living in the city again that makes me feel like we are constantly on the go. Well, a lot has gone on in the last few weeks so I will try to play catch up. The first weekend of October Clarissa and Rachel drove all the way over to visit me from Chehalis - a six hour drive - so we could have a girls weekend. We had a good time eating out at P. F. Chang's (yummy, yummy), shopping, seeing a movie, buying matching pj's, playing games and just talking for forever. It was so awesome to see them again and I'm so thankful that they came all that way to see me!! What good friends I have!!





The rest of this month has just flown by with school, swimming lessons and Young Women's stuff. The weather has cooled down quite a bit here, so we have been forced back inside for the fall and winter. I love this time of year, but not being able to send my kids outside to play has led to all kinds of mishaps. Marcus has figured out that when mommy is on the phone I am distracted and not paying attention to what he is doing. This last week this is what I found when I got off the phone with one of my girlfriends. . . .



Yup, that's a whole roll of toilet paper. The funny part is the look on his face - I don't think there is any remorse for this wastefulness!! Little stinkpot!! And I think Raigan is taking cues from her big brother. She figured out how to climb up the three steps that lead to the kid's bedrooms this week and she is causing all kinds of mayhem!! These are her stages of destruction and total world domination!!!















Isn't she adorable!?! Those are my Halloween decorations she has so haphazardly discarded so that she can lay on the hallway table. I mean really, who does she think she is anyway? Oh, that's right - she's the BABY!!!

My sweet Raquel hasn't caused any damage as of late, but that's because she is in school all day! Thank heavens for public school, right?!? Well, I can't think of too much else that is going on right now. My dear friend Todd (not my husband) will be happy to hear that I dropped a chunk of change on some inserts for my shoes for my poor feet that hurt at The Good Feet store and they are actually helping with my pain. In fact I would say I'm about 85% better, so hopefully he won't be hearing me "whine" again anytime soon. It's okay T.H., I don't hate you too bad for calling me a whiner!! Well, that's about it - I am looking forward to this Friday. I talked my husband into buying me tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera for an early birthday/anniversary present and we are going this Friday night!! And my awesome and amazing parents are driving over to stay with us and watch our kids so it should be a great weekend!! Love to all!!

2 comments:

Ally said...

I am so jealous that you get to go see phantom. You know, I will watch your kids for you, you don't need to have your parents drive over every time!!! I don't know why Marcus is so mischevious for you, he doesn't do that in nursery :).

Todd Devenish said...

Thank goodness for the sole inserts. Who ever would have thought of something like that. I mean, I know if something is hurting me I let it go on and on for months without doing anything about it at all except WHINE!! Thank heavens for technology and the developer of the sole insert. JK, you know I'm there for you!! Hope you guys enjoyed Phantom.