Monday, September 29, 2008

Unicorn

So here's the back story on this post. This past MAY my family was visiting Armitage's and Kate forced me to climb a small mountain. (Tee-Hee) The only problem with this was other than being incredibly out of shape I had only brought sandals with me. Both her and Clint said it would be fine, so I climbed their stupid mountain in sandals and I'm pretty sure that is what gave me plantar fasistis (I'm sure I did not spell that right). My left foot has pretty much been in pretty bad pain since MAY and it's now almost OCTOBER!! Love you my Kates!!

For those of you who know my husband you know that this has perplexed him a great deal. He likes to be able to fix me and he normally can but this is just not going away. So he's been trying all these treatments and stretches on me. It has now actually progressed upwards and is affecting my ankle, calf and knee. Last night he was working on my whole leg doing very painful stretches and working out the muscles. And I am a huge wimp - very low tolerance for pain. So I'm laying on the couch whining that it hurts and what does my sweet Raquel say to me - "Mom, just think about riding a unicorn and then it won't hurt!"

HUH?!

Todd and I started rolling in laughter!! I love my girl. The things she thinks of! So, for anyone having pain of any kind today I say saddle up and ride yourself a unicorn. Trust me, you'll feel better.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

O Raquel! How we miss sweet little Raquel!
Man. I hope you get your foot fixed...or we'll have to start calling you Traci The Gimp..;-) J/K!
Miss you!

Kate said...

Okay.... just so we get this straight. I DID tell you to bring tennis shoes... and you said you were FINE while we were walking up. Could this be a pride issue Traci? Did I not ask you numerous times if you wanted to turn around... but NO- you wanted to be the first one up the hill. Whatever. And I've had that before and it sucks for about 6 months and then get's better... so buck up and go hug a unicorn!

Momma Sarah said...

I do need a pick me up! I'm gonna go hitch up my unicorn! Too cute!- Sarah (Lasley)Arnold

lisa said...

Oh that is too cute! I'm going to tell my girls that next time I have to brush their hair. Apparently getting your hair brushed at my house it next to torture. :)

Lindsey said...

Best thing ive heard in a long time! I love and MISS my little Raquel.

Ally said...

At least your daughter was the one who said it. Robbie would be the one who says it at our house...yeah, he's like a girl in a boy body. My mom had that plantar thing...maybe she has a remedy.

Todd Devenish said...

Man, you're a whiner!! Nonstop!! How does Todd handle it? I have some ear-plugs if he needs to borrow. I'd even let him have them!! So, I guess I have to imagine riding on a unicorn every time you assault me in church?? Where am I sitting on the unicorn?? Nevermind. This is just headed downhill!! Take care.

Crazy Corinne said...

That is just hilarious! Where do kids get some of these things? That stinks about your friends misleading you and all and causing your foot to be in pain. Sounds pretty mean if you ask me....hehe, jk. Hope you figure it out soon. We have a foot dr. in our ward and his office is in Spokane if ya want....

Did you end up with tix to Phantom??? Please tell me yes!!! I hope SO!!!!! THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO I am soooooo excited!
(I am sure you couldn't tell) :)

broken face and contrite spirit said...

Traci Gwen!!
Tara Faye sent me a note on my blog and well it directed me to yours!! your kids are so big now!! I am such a horrible friend that I havent kept in touch...I am so sorry. I do have to say the unicorn advice priceless.
Boy does she look just like you!!
I love ya friend!! keep in touch ok!
Mandirae

Clarissa said...

I am still waiting for you to update your dang blog!!!

Kate said...

me too Clarissa!