Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School

I hate school. I'm sure most of you mom's are jumping for joy as our little ones head off to school, but not me. Surprise, surprise, right! It's just that Raquel is my oldest and it is SO HARD sending her to school! It's like I'm letting my baby out into the world and I really don't like the world she has to go out into. I cried my eyes out the first day I took her to preschool. I cried my eyes out the first day I took her to kindergarten and guess what? Today was her first day of the 1st grade and I cried my eyes out!! I did make sure to keep myself together until I got to the parking lot so I wouldn't embarrass her or anything. I mean how horrifying to have your mom crying on the playground right?!? I didn't want her to be known as the kid whose mom cried on the playground, so I kept it together until I was walking back to the car where my sweet husband was waiting. Waiting and laughing at me. No joke, I walk up to the car and he is laughing at me for crying. Men have no feelings or emotions I swear this to be true! He's thinking, yeah, one less kid to take care of today. Not that he actually takes care of any of them because he is gone ALL the time now. Work sucks too. Work and school - hate them both today. Here are some pics to see our first day of yucky school. Isn't she beautiful?

4 comments:

Kate said...

Raquel is looking SO CUTE in those pics! Yeah... I'm not really feeling ya on that school thing. I love summer and all, but as much as I love my kids- I'm totally fine with them going! Zach was the only one I cried with when he went to kindergarten and after watching 5 of them go- I'm pushing them out the door!

Annie Jarman said...

She is so cute! Wow she has sure grown up.

I'm totally going to be the same way when Aidan goes off to school. If I ever peek in on him in nursery I get a little misty! I'm such a baby!

Rene said...

I'm so with you! I hate when school starts. I hate when they leave me, the schedule, waking up early, early bed times, etc...
I love that Marcus misses Raquel! That's sweet... I've told you he's sweet!

Crazy Corinne said...

That is rough! She is a darling girl! Hopefully it gets a little easier! I know that I couldn't do it and not bawl!!!