Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Raquel's 7th Birthday

Holy crap I can't believe my baby is 7!! Where does the time fly when you are a crazy busy mother, oh, yeah, right out the window. Well, we partied like mad for my little princess. Grandpa and Grandma Jarman and Lavonda and Annie all drove over this past Friday to help us celebrate the big 7. We had such a fun weekend. All Raquel wanted for her birthday was a Nintendo DS. So we all went in together and got her one. She was so happy!! Spoiled rotten and happy! It was a little discouraging at first because no one could figure out how to play the game we had gotten her. No joke, six adults sitting around trying to play this game for kids and none of us can figure it out. Thank heavens for daddy. He finally got it out hours later! (Please disregard the chubby bunny in the background. I'm working on it and I hate cameras!)


We spent the rest of the weekend playing games (of course), going to the movies (all the girls, then all the boys), shopping and out to dinner at a buffet where the birthday girl had ribs. Shocking - NO!! For those who don't know, Raquel is a meat eater. We tease her that if she had been a dinosaur she would have been a T-Rex!!


Her birthday event culminated today, her actual birthday, with cupcakes at school, her favorite dinner and spending all her birthday money on more DS games for mommy and daddy to figure out. I hope she had a great time turning 7. She is such a joy to us. Such a beautiful, smart young lady and I am so thankful that she is my girl. Happy Birthday Raquel!!











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! YOu have a 7 year old! Does that make you feel old? I feel old just cuz I have 3 kids now.

Tell Raquel Happy Birthday and a hug from me! I miss my little napkin go-getter!

Crazy Corinne said...

She is just barely younger than Sabrina! That is soo exciting she is 7! Her squeezing that little box with a complicated game system is sooo cute! Some time we should get together and let Raquel and Sabrina hang out!

PS....get rid of the letter verifier!! I got rid of comment moderation for you! One good turn and all......