Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Am A Super Hero

I found out today that I am a superhero and my powers are activated when I am behind the wheel of my 2000 Mistubishi Galant. Let me tell you how I discovered my super powers. It was a normal morning and I left to take Raquel to school. As I turned onto the street where her school is I came upon this scenario. There was a man walking his daughter to school on my left hand side. On my right hand side was a HUGE black dog that was barking like crazy and charging across the street right towards them. I could see the owner of the dog, just standing in their yard yelling at the dog, but doing nothing to prevent it from running across the street. So, what do I do? I discover that I have super powers when I'm driving the Mistubishi. I don't even think I thought about what I was doing, I just did it. I pulled forward really fast and put my car between the dog and the poor people on the street. I think they must have been really scared because they were just standing frozen in place. Every time the dog lunged forward I nudged my car forward to keep it from crossing the street. I told the dad to walk and I stayed right with them so the dog couldn't cross. Then all of the sudden the dog figures it out and just runs around the front of my car barking like mad and totally going crazy! So, no joke, I turn on my best mom voice and I yelled out the window of my car to "Stop" and "Go home"! And he did!! I drove right next to this poor family until we were about a block away from the school and they were totally appreciative. I asked if they wanted a ride, but they said they were okay. What an adrenaline rush!! I was actually happy to know that I would instinctually help someone in need. You know how they say some people are fight and some are flight. As long as I got the Mistubishi, I think I'm a fight kinda girl. So, never fear when Traci and the Mistubishi are near!!!!

And don't worry all you dog lovers, I am a dog lover myself and I would never have actually hit the dog, I was just trying to discourage it from eating the people on the street. I wonder when dogs act like that what their owners are doing to them to cause them to misbehave so aggressively towards humans. Anyhoo, crisis averted and we'll see you next time on Traci and the Mistubishi . . . . . . .

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha ur ar so funny=)

Heidi said...

You're awesome, Traci. I love reading your blog! Totally makes me laugh. :)

broken face and contrite spirit said...

Ummm, so I just started reading your blog and I think I must be a villian cause as much as i think i would like to help a person out and as much as i think that i am a dog lover...
that dog would have been roadkill!!!