Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break!!

We drove home to my parents house yesterday for spring break. It was a much easier drive than when we drove home for Christmas. Not a snowflake in sight!! Our only "hiccup" was the day before we left I was loading suitcases in the car and decided to vacuum up some of the kids leftovers. We have a little vacuum that you plug into the car. So, I put my keys into the ignition and turned it to just get power and vacuum. Well, I vacuumed and then forgot about my keys and finished loading and went back inside. Whoops! I went out again hours later and my battery was totally dead. We jumped it twice that night and it started, but then when we would try again later and it wouldn't start at all. Thank heavens that we have the nicest neighbor ever and he loaned us his battery pack and left the car charging on it all that night and she started up just fine the next morning. We finished loading and left about 9 am yesterday and arrived at my parents around 3 pm. Every time we stopped at a rest area to pee I was just praying that when we got back in the car it would turn over and thank heavens it did every time!! I know, I know - I'm a dork. And you can just imagine my dad shaking his head at me when I am telling him this story after we got here. Anyhoo, we're home and my kids are in grandparents heaven!! I won't be able to post pictures until I get back to my house, so I'll recap our spring break in about a week!! Enjoy spring break everyone!!

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

Ummm...why haven't you called me yet, missy???

Annie Jarman said...

Spring break?! What's that?

Brooke Moss said...

Did you notice that we rescheduled the Twilight Party, because you (and everyone else) were going to be gone??? Hope you have fun! Come down to Astoria and go clamdigging with me! I will be arriving on Thursday morning.

Momma Sarah said...

If your schedule doesn't get too booked, shoot me an email and we'll hook up!

Clarissa said...

Just wondering...why haven't you blogged about your trip yet? I am waiting to see all those awesome pictures. SO HURRY UP ALREADY!!