Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mother's day from my sweet family. It turned out to kinda be a mother's weekend because my husband, well, he rocks. When Todd asked me what I wanted for mother's day I of course replied with - "Something Twilight. Anything to do with Twilight." And then I told him I would just love a few hours all to myself to go shopping or do whatever I felt like. Well, he obliged on both counts. Saturday morning I woke up to my gifts - something Twilight - the movie companion guide and a game. Good job sweetie!!


And then I got to take off for half of the day and I went shopping and ate out and had an absolutely kid free afternoon. It was wonderful!! Sometimes it is really nice to only have to buckle my own seatbelt and no one else's!! Sunday dawned with a very sick Raquel (who ended up having strep throat) so I went to church with just my Marcus. My sweet boy has had a really hard time adjusting to primary from nursery. It's pretty much a war every Sunday to get him to go to class and stay there without Todd or I. So, we've been trying to make sure he is there every week and goes to class so he can get used to it. Since it was Mother's day Todd stayed home with the girls and I went with Marcus. I knew the primary kids would be singing during sacrament meeting, but I figured there was no way Marcus would go up there without Raquel. When it was time to sing one of the sister's in the primary presidency grabbed Marcus and took him up front to sing and I was thinking, oh, this should be interesting. He stood right in the front and started waving to me, so I waved back. Then they started singing and my Marcus was jamming along with all the rest of them. Pretty sure he wasn't singing the right song but his mouth was moving and he was smiling and waving at me and it just had to be the best present ever. I just love that boy and it makes moments like that all the more sweet because they are SO rare. When he came back down he ran up to me and said, Mom, I sing a song!! He was so proud. His speech isn't the clearest still, so when he does something like that it just makes my heart so happy. Anyhoo, it was a great weekend and I do love being a mommy.




1 comment:

Brooke Moss said...

I SOOOOOO want to come over to play the Twilight game!!!! When can I come???