Sunday, June 14, 2009

Marcus' 4th Birthday

Aahh, how time flies when you are having fun. Haven't posted for a bit because can I just tell you my family has NEVER been so sick since we moved to Spokane!! Ever since January it seems like one or all of us has had something. Strep throat, head colds, flu bugs, throwing up, soar throats, high fevers, and on and on and on. We are all finally well today and just got over the worst head cold I can ever remember having. Let's just say that my children who have never, ever had medicine before were introduced to children's tylenol over the last few months. Shocking for some of you to hear that, yes, but I must confess it has happened. They are no longer pure. My sweet husband will forgive me one of these days!! Anyhoo, enough of my whining and let's get on to my Marcus turning four!!

We've had a family filled, busy, hectic few weeks, but it is always worth it because we love our family!! Nicholas flew in to see us from Utah for a week and my parents drove over, so we were all together to celebrate Marcus' birthday. We went to movies, out to dinner, played games and just had fun together. I think I will forever remember this birthday for Marcus because he was just so excited. I went and got him a big ol' balloon bouquet the morning of his birthday and his reaction when I walked in the front door was priceless. He was flipping out he was so excited over balloons!! So sweet. He just loved every minute of it - from the opening of presents, to the cake and singing Happy Birthday. The innocence of youth is so special.

Now, I know it's customary to brag unceasingly about our kids on their birthdays and so I will. Marcus is just so dear to me. To be honest, we didn't really get along for the first few years of his life. I kid you not. He preferred his daddy over his mommy in the beginning and I can remember carrying him out of sacrament meeting more than once and he was just a kickin' and a screamin' for his daddy. Aahh, good memories. But all that has changed now and he is totally his momma's boy. Good thing too because both my girls adore their daddy. At least I get one, huh?! Anyhoo, Marcus has his challenges, but it endears him to me all the more. He still has a hard time with his speech and he doesn't like to be in big groups of people, it makes him nervous, and the Jarman temper he inherited kicks in big time quite often - so we're pushing through the hard things and I know we'll be better for it one day. The kid still makes me tear up every time I hear him say out of the blue - I love you mom. I just love my boy and I wouldn't want him any other way. Happy Birthday Marcus!!

The Balloons!!



Seeing Up! with Grandma & Papa!!


Presents and Cake


Eating out at The Old Country Buffet


And we're exhausted at the end of the day!!



6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big! All your kids are- when are you coming over for a weekend!!!

Clarissa said...

How sweet! Happy birthday Marcus! I am glad that you are feeling better, and I hope it stays that way. Miss your face!

Annie Jarman said...

Happy Birthday Marcus! I can't believe you're FOUR!! We love you!

RR said...

Traci,
Everytime I see a Twilight anything of course..I think of you. Marcus is getting so big. We miss you. Will you be coming over for Summer Break? PLEASE let me know when you will be here so we can hang..

RR said...

Traci,
I have something for you. Email me your address racheljohnson5@yahoo.com

Liz said...

I love how excited he looks with those baloons. Its so cute. You know I totally get the momma's boy thing. They make up for those sassy girls.