Saturday, December 6, 2008

Macaroni & Cheese


I will freely admit that Marcus has been my most difficult child so far. But, as of late he has been growing on me (tee-hee), because out of nowhere he will do the sweetest things and then I forget that one minute before he was actually pulling Raigan's hair while she was strapped into her carseat. (And yes, that really has happened!) Marcus doesn't eat. Anything. Some days I think his only source of nourishment is apple juice. No joke. Honestly, I can tell you what I can get him to eat. Toast with peanut butter, chips, macaroni & cheese and of course all candy. Loves the candy. He was grocery shopping with me the other day and he wanted to sit in the basket where the food was going. So, I let him and then I proceeded to fill up the cart with groceries piled on top of him. He thought it was quite cool. When we walked by the macaroni & cheese I thought the kid was going to pee his pants he was so excited. You see, we had run out the week before and he had been asking for it for several days, so you can imagine his joy when we came across it in the grocery store. I piled macaroni & cheese on him and went to check out. He grabbed two boxes of the mac & cheese and wouldn't let go of them for anything. Wouldn't even let the lady scan them because he didn't want to let go. I think maybe he thought they wouldn't make it home if he let go. It was actually quite sweet watching him cling to those boxes. He carried them out of the store in his two little hands and into the car. While I was putting groceries in the back he was doing something in the back seat. When I came around to buckle him in his carseat he said to me, "Mom, buckled macaroni & cheese." And I in my distracted state of mind was like uh, huh honey. Then I looked in the back seat. Sure enough, there were Marcus' two boxes of macaroni & cheese, buckled into the seat belt on the back seat for a safe ride home from the store!! How cute is that!! Oh, my boy I love you!


Here's another Marcus moment for you. It made me realize how much our children actually do listen and learn from us. Raigan was down for a nap one day and I was talking in the front room and Marcus comes into the room and totally straight faced says, "Mom, shut up Raigan's sleeping." Aahhh!! From the student to the teacher, right?!? Of course, nothing will ever top the time that Raquel told my mom she was going to kick her a**. Yup, have no idea where she would have ever heard that word. Nope, none. My kids give me such good stuff to blog about!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

That is too funny. Nothing like hearing a little kid say a questionable word to make you think twice. Marcus and Kenzie should compare notes. Sounds like they have the same diet.

Lindsey said...

haha! oh marcus! i just love him. especially when i can get him to say, "I love you" everytime i talk to him on the phone.=)

Ally said...

I think I forgot to tell you that Marcus said that to me in nursery today!! Yeah, the kick your A** part!! It didn't suprise me coming from your kid!! Just kidding!!

Annie Jarman said...

Aidan is the same way about his food, too. Mac and cheese, PB&J, and cereal. That's about it. Drives me crazy.

I love when the babes do such cute things! Buckling up the Mac & Cheese! ha ha ! That's priceless!