Sunday, December 21, 2008

We Made It!!

I can't believe I actually made it home for Christmas, but we did. Just in between all these storms!! I left Spokane on Friday at about 1:00 pm. The city streets were still pretty messed up, but once I hit the freeway it was better. And once I got out of Spokane it was much better. I think that last storm just built up and dumped all it had on us because once I was about an hour outside of town there wasn't hardly anything. I drove to Ellensburg, about three hours away, where my Grandma lives and stayed the night there. The nice part was that my parents met me there with my sister Lindsey because I had a cousin that got married and was having a reception that same night. So, that was nice that we could then drive the rest of the way home together. We left Ellensburg about 8:30 Saturday morning and made it over the pass before a big storm was due to hit. Whew! We did watch some idiots in a Ford Ranger driving way too fast on the pass lose control, fishtail, turn sideways, slide in front of us and hit a snow bank facing the wrong way. Let's just say thankfully no one was hurt and they slowed down the rest of the way down the mountain!! We stopped in Olympia to say hi to Lavonda and Annie and as we were sitting in their house it started snowing - AGAIN!! So, we figured we better make it home. After a "quick" stop at WalMart to buy milk on the Saturday before Christmas - YIKES - we finally made it home just as it was really starting to come down. And now, my parents have like twelve inches of snow which hardly ever happens here. I feel like I can't get away from snow right now. Normally, I love it, but when I have to drive in it and then get stuck and can't go anywhere, it starts to drive me nuts. Anyhoo, I'm home for Christmas which is just where I wanted to be and I don't think I'm leaving until all of this white stuff is gone. Hopefully we can get Todd here for Christmas. He is supposed to fly out Christmas Eve, but the airport keeps cancelling all of the flights to Seattle and Portland because of the weather. Ugh, snow. Hello to all of my Chehalis ladies and I will be calling you when I can get out of my parents driveway!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yea! I was thinking about you and hoping you made it home okay. We have a ton of snow too and church was cancelled today. Clint was thrilled since he was suppose to give a talk.

Momma Sarah said...

WEHW! Glad you made it over safe and sound! Hopefully, the weather will be nice to us and you'll get to come visiting - don't neglect us while you're here! Ok, we'll understand... =)

Rene said...

Whew! Glad you made it! Not that I can see you or anything! If I can ever get out of my neighborhood, we need to meet up for lunch or something. How long are you here? Hopefully longer than the snow! Glad you're safe!

Annie Jarman said...

I HATE driving in the snow. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

So glad you made it safe and sound!