Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

Wow, what a week we just had!! Busy, busy, busy. And now I can finally sit down and write about it. We had my parents over for Thanksgiving and Nicholas flew in to be with us too. Everyone got here on Tuesday and stayed until this morning!! I'm tired, but I love having family here so it's worth it. Let's see if I can remember everything we did. First of all, I have to brag a bit about my sweet Raquel. I went to her parent/teacher conference on Tuesday and she is doing so well. Turning out to be quite the artist and with her flair for the dramatics, well, let's just say I hear the drama department calling and she's only in the first grade. She got rave reviews from her teacher and is excelling in every subject. I'm so proud of her. Not afraid to do anything that one. Very confident.

So, let's see, Wednesday during the day we just stayed home while Todd worked and raked all the leaves in the back yard. We have a pretty big back yard so it was quite the task, but my kids had fun "helping" Grandpa and I with the work. Wednesday evening we went out to eat at Old Country Buffet. It's kind of turning into a tradition when my parents are here. Raquel wanted to see if she could out eat Nick. Are you laughing yet? I swear that boy eats me out of house and home when he's here. No joke, he was on his third plate by the time the rest of us were done with one. Sometimes we ask him if he actually tastes the food or just breathe it down!! Needless to say, Nick won. Raquel tried, but he smoked all of us!! Later that evening my mom, Todd, Nick and I abandoned my poor father to babysit while we went and saw Twilight - again!! It was the second time for everyone but Todd, his first. He really liked it and may I just say - even BETTER the second time around. It is such a good movie and it makes me want to read the books again. I think I'll start after the holidays. Thursday we prepared our Thanksgiving meal and played games all day. Shocker, I know. That's what we do, we play games. And I especially love it when Nick is here because we gang up on Todd and he loses like every game we play. Good bonding for me and the Nickster. The best part of the day came when I was taking Marcus downstairs to bed. I was holding him in my arms facing towards me and at the bottom of the stairs he vomited - ALL OVER ME!! Three times. Apparently, all he had had to eat that afternoon was chocolate milk and hershey's kisses because I was covered in them. Aahh, I love being a mom.

After we cleaned up the "chocolate", I went to bed early because I LOVE to shop on Black Friday. I know, it's strange, but I get such an adrenaline rush and I just love to watch grown adults act like complete idiots!! I got up around 3:30 am and was at good old WalMart at 4:30. I must say, the Chehalis WalMart does things so much better and more organized than the one here. For starters, they actually let you in the warm store. Here, we were standing in lines outside and it is frickin' cold here!! At Chehalis, they give you a map of where everything is that is on sale. Here, you just wander around aimlessly until you stumble upon the dvd player that is on the floor behind the check out counter in electronics and then accidentally find the dvd's on sale in the dairy section. Strange, I know!! From there I hit Lowe's, Kohl's, Old Navy, Linens-N-Things, Walgreen's and finally Target. And believe it or not I was home before noon. Usually I'm gone all day, but I went by myself this year and I must say I got in and out and done a lot faster. The rest of Friday we played more games. Saturday Todd and my dad replaced a part on my new sweet ride while I took Marcus to his first birthday party at a friend's house. So cute!! And then, you guessed it, we played more games. I know, we're dorks. Saturday night Todd and I had a date night with Kim & Freddie and Allie & Todd. It was a blast. We ate out at Chili's and had dessert at Dairy Queen with a whole lotta nonsense inbetween. We've become good friends with them and we always have great fun when we're together!!

Sunday I think I was running out of steam because I didn't feel well so I stayed home with my babies while everyone went to church. Afterwards we did it again - we played some more games. Man, I feel like a broken record!! Nick flew home Sunday night and my parents drove home this morning. It was a hectic week but so worth it because I got to spend it with my family. Now, I must go finish putting up my Christmas decorations while listening to Christmas music. Goodbye Thanksgiving - Hello Christmas!!




3 comments:

Clarissa said...

WOW!! You were busy. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Oh, I have been getting uglier...been sick and fighting 16 cold sores!!! Will that work for ya?

Annie Jarman said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Kate said...

Hey... sounds like a blast! Did you play Settlers? And what's up with the Clarissa chick? Is she trying to edge me out of my BFF by commenting IMMEDIATELY after you post. Cmon... I work now during the day and I can't sit by the computer WAITING for your next post. Get a life Clarissa! LOL- you know I'm kidding right??