Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mustard

This post is dedicated to my amazing and awesome parents. I promised you I would blog about this!! While I was home for spring break we went to make sandwiches one day for lunch. I just happened to glance down at the expiration date on the bottle of mustard everyone was using. Um, it said it had expired in 2008. It's 2009. I was giving my mom heck and teasing her that my OCD makes me do things like that. So, I went to the fridge to see if there were any other bottles of mustard. Yup, there sure was and just to be funny I checked the expiration date on that one too. Um, no joke, it had expired in 2007. Again, it's 2009. We all started busting up laughing and to be funny I was like, well, let's see if there is any other mustard in this fridge. Yup, you guessed it - there was another bottle. Checked the date. Seriously now, it had expired in 2006. Need I remind you that this is the year 2009! By this time we were rolling!! I took a picture of the expired culprits and sadly enough no one got any mustard on their sandwiches that day. You're all welcome!! My parents are getting older, but come on now, you're not that old yet! Good things came from this. After we left my mom cleaned out her whole fridge and threw away stuff from the last five years!! LOL!! And to make you feel better mom, just this past week I found a jar of applesauce in the back of my fridge that had mold growing inside it, so don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us!! Mustard anyone?



4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Girl....you don't want to see what is in my fridge.

Annie Jarman said...

Mustard in the FRIDGE?!?! I swear, you Jarmans are so weird. Mustard, ketchup, SYRUP?!

Lindsey said...

you're not supposed to keep those things in the fridge? and the one from 2006 scares me since I had probably been using that every time I came home to visit. gross.

Momma Sarah said...

LOL!!!! That's so funny! I'm a stickler (I think you termed it OCD) for expiration dates, too! Although, I did read somewhere that mustard really can't go bad - all the acid in it. Still, that's a little too much for my brain to wrap around! YUCK!