Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break

I know this all happened a few weeks ago, but I didn't get the chance to blog about spring break before my computer broke. So forgive me for going back in time, but we had so much fun I couldn't NOT blog about it!! I took the kids and drove home to my parents house for spring break. Three kids in the car by myself for six hours. There is a hell on earth. Seriously though, they did pretty good. And of course, the minute we arrive at Grandma's I no longer exist which I must say I really don't mind! We got there on Friday and then just spent the weekend hanging out with my parents and Lavonda and Annie who drove down from Olympia. For those of you who don't know who Lavonda and Annie are they are our awesome friends that Todd and I met in Olympia when we got married. They lived just upstairs from us and have been like a part of our family from the beginning. They LOVE my kids and we miss them like mad, so we were glad to see them on our visit. Here are a few cute pics:

Now let's see, I have to try to remember everything we did. It's been awhile and well, we all know we lose brain cells with each kid we have! On Sunday it was great to go back to Adna ward and see all our old friends. On Monday I had a playdate with Clarissa, Janell and Brooke at where else? Burger King!! Our old stomping grounds!! Here's my beautiful ladies -

After BK, Clarissa and I met up with my parents and we took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens. I thought it was pretty good. Not as annoying as some of those movies can get and I actually laughed out loud at a couple of parts. Let's see, on Tuesday it was my mommy and me day. My mom and I drove the kids up to Olympia and dropped them off at Lavonda's and then we went to the movies and saw Knowing. And for anyone with a religious background it turned out to be a rather interesting movie. After the movie we picked the kids up, got dinner and went back home to veg. I love hanging out with my mom because we talk and talk and vent everything that is going on with each of us and I always feel better afterwards. I love you Mom!! On Wednesday we planned a "Girls Night Out" with everyone at Janell's house. It was a blast. We also turned it into a Back To School party for Stacy who is returning to college to become a nurse. You go girl!! We ate, we laughed, we sang/talked made up songs and we broke the underwire in our bra's. Oh, wait, that was just me. No joke, we all know I have some big mama's and I was leaning over to grab my drink and we all hear this "snap" and I lost support all of a sudden. Everyone was like, what was that? Oh nothing, just the only thing keeping me from hanging down to my knees. We knew it was gonna be a great night after that!! We visited and ate way too much and then hunkered down and watched Seven Pounds. I liked it. Sad, but I liked it. Here's our out of control night:



Clarissa likes to kiss me. Don't deny it girl, you know you do. I have a lot of pictures of you doing this. Good thing Doug doesn't get jealous of our love fest. Ah, so much fun. I miss all of you!! Thursday I was supposed to load up and drive to Kate's, but the weather was kinda crappy and I wasn't quite ready to leave my parents yet. So, I just hung out with my mom all day. Friday we packed up and headed back to Spokane. Again, three kids, me, van, six hours - no really, HELL on earth. It exists. We had a great time, much more relaxing than doing all that at Christmas and my kids can't wait to go back. Marcus asks me almost everyday if we can go home. It's so sad when I have to tell him that we are home.

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

Traci...how I miss thee. And yes, I do like to kiss you. I am so glad that you got to come. I will ask you to email me those pics of us, cause the ones on your blog are super little when I save them to my computer. Oh, and by the way...don't get too creeped out by this anonymous person that keeps leaving comments on my blog. I happen to be married to him!!!

RR said...

Traci..what about your friend Rach that drove like an extra hour to bring thee a gift..don't I get a shot out? Not even a pseudo picture, nothing..JK so next time you come hello invite me to the girls night. I only get to hang with all your girlfriends when you're around. We miss you.

Momma Sarah said...

WOW! What a week! Chris and I saw Knowing and we came out thinking 'Hmmmm, interesting'. Yeah. Glad you are back up and running with the computer!