Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter

Our Easter was pretty low key this year. The bunny (aka - me) didn't go as hog wild as I usually do. Mostly because I didn't have the money to spend, but also because it really wasn't necessary. We dyed eggs on Saturday. Marcus was pretty into it this year. The kids woke up hecka early on Sunday morning. I will admit that Todd and I stayed in bed while they broke into their baskets and did their "hunt". I know, we're lame. I discovered tonight that I should have tried a little harder apparently. For part of Raquel's homework this week she was asked to write about Easter and she came to me and told me it wasn't any fun, so she couldn't think of anything to write about. WHAT? Oh, okay, so dying eggs wasn't fun and finding them in your hunt wasn't fun and your basket wasn't fun. Whatever. I'm thinking of exterminating the Easter bunny next year and we'll see how much fun that turns out to be!! Maybe the Easter bunny would have been more fun if someone (Raquel) hadn't lost two teeth in one week and exhausted the Tooth Fairy. Because you see, someone (Raquel) has a hard time falling asleep at night and that means the Tooth Fairy has to stay up and wait for you to fall asleep and then remember to be the Tooth Fairy. So maybe, just maybe, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny were a little tired this year and a little short on funds!! Am I bitter?


2 comments:

Kate said...

Okay... don't feel bad. We had NO dying of eggs and NO hunt. I know... I'm a bad mom! I just don't get "into" these things. Although I did get them some candy. Big whoop huh??

Annie Jarman said...

We had a low key Easter this year too. In fact, the kids and I didn't even make it to church because I couldn't find the car keys and Travis was already in meetings. So, we ditched. Nice, huh?