Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Catching Up

Been a busy few weeks, so I thought I would play catch up all in one post. Hang on this could get long!! First of all, I just have to say - I HATE PACKING!! It really is no fun at all and for all you constant movers out there I don't know how you do it. Other than laundry, it might be my least favorite thing to do. Ugh. Oh well, it has to be done. Now for the fun stuff. My sister flew in from Utah weekend before last to visit my family while she was on a break from school. My parents drove over to see her as well and we just had a great time. My kids were so excited to go to the airport and pick her up, so we made these signs for them to hold. They're so silly!!


She stayed for a week and we had fun just all being together. We of course had to go to the Old Country Buffet because my parents have made that a tradition whenever they come to visit. Raquel was really excited because she is a huge meat eater and couldn't wait to get her hands on some ribs!!

We also went to the movies, played at the park, went shopping, and played lots and lots of games. It was also really nice to go to the temple a few times while they were all here. Todd and I and my dad did a session together and then later in the week Todd and my dad and Lindsey did baptisms. It was a really nice visit and I just love being around my family. My sister has to be one of the coolest people I know and I love being with her. She inspires me to be a better me.

The day after all my family left we took off for Tri-Cities to visit our dearest friends in the whole wide world - The Armitage Family!! We got there Friday afternoon and ditched all our kids for some grown up time. We went out to eat and then went and saw The Time Traveler's Wife. Clint's pick if you can believe it. He really wanted to see it and was actually really emotional through the whole movie. It was quite touching. I think he cried more than Kate and I did. Aaww!! Saturday was non-stop fun. We got slurpees at the store that sells the most slurpees in the whole U.S. (that was a highlight!!) We went to the park and had lunch at Taco Bell. Then we went bowling and I kicked butt. What was my score again? I think it was well over 200. After bowling Kate and I ditched everyone for some girl time at the craft store. Then we went back and ordered pizzas and played games until Todd got cranky cuz he was tired, or losing, I can't remember which. Sunday we hung out until church - 1pm, yuck - then just went to sacrament meeting before we headed home. Raquel and Allie were having such fits about having to leave each other that we decided to let them win and we left Raquel there for this whole week!! She's been having so much fun she barely remembers to call me at the end of the day. Anyway, we've had a fun filled couple of weeks with family and friends and now it's back to packing and getting all ready for our move. We'll be seeing some of you really soon!!


Kate and I and our mini-me's!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

it was just so fun! Why didn't we go it sooner... oh yeah- Todd's dang job. Gotta love unemployment! :)

Clarissa said...

So glad that you have been able to have such good times lately. Even if they didn't include me...jk!!!
Love your face!

Momma Sarah said...

Now that sounds like som FUN! I can't believe that Lindsey is a 'grown-up' - how'd that happen? Aren't the younger siblings supposed to stay the same age forever?

Rene said...

So.... I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I believed your little story! Through the whole movie (I was NOT impressed) I'm thinking "Clint CRIED in this?" Then I have dinner with the Armitage's and Kate straightened me out. You had me goin'! I shoulda known!