Sunday, August 2, 2009

Raigan, Raigan, Raigan

So, I have never had to take any of my kids to the emergency room. Everyone please knock on wood right now. I have no idea how I have avoided that, but it is true. I think Raigan is going to do her best to see that we end up there before too long. The kid can not take two steps without tripping over something and falling down!! Now, granted, she is a bit pigeon-toed, but come on!! This week alone she has hurt herself three times and I'm thinking it is only a matter of time before I find myself in the emergency room waiting area.

Her first accident was tripping on her way to the couch and falling face first into the edge of the couch only just with her nose!! I don't know how to tell if it's broken or not, but she now has these two little weird lines on her nose and they've been there for the whole week. I would think if it was broken she would have cried for a lot longer, but I dunno. She didn't get black eyes or anything, but she was so pale for quite awhile after it happened. So, we'll count that as accident number one - possible broken nose.

Accident number two was Saturday when of course, I was home alone with the kids. She was running through the house with Marcus and believe it or not she tripped, again, only this time her face made contact with my solid oak hope chest. Ouch. This one was the worst. Blood everywhere and screaming and crying and yup, teeth through the lip. Of course, it wasn't as bad as it first seemed when all the blood was pouring out, but she sure did a doozy!! The cut just under her mouth closed up almost instantly, but she is sporting one dizzy of a fat lip and the inside is just gross and I swear her gums above her teeth looked bruised. How is that even possible? Accident number two - teeth through lip, fat lip, bruised gums.

And drum roll for number three. Just this afternoon she decided to close the bifold doors on the coat closet which I must say I have warned her about countless times and yup, you guessed it, all four of her little baby fingers smashed in the doors by her own doing. More wailing and crying and gnashing of teeth!! Accident number three - smashed fingers.

The kid is gonna do me in. No worries though. We'll be going in for our well child check up to discuss the nose, the lip, and talk about fixing those feet so we can WALK without falling down!! I don't think you can appreciate the grossness in these pics, but it's kinda hard to get an 18 month old to show you her inside lip. She sure is cute though, even with her big fat lip!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

oh my goodness... what a crazy girl. You need to come visit just so my 4 girls can fight over who get's to watch Raigan!! Clint works this weekend, but how about next weekend? He's off Friday-Sunday. Come have a party with us and we'll play hand and foot until we can't stand it anymore! (and Todd can find a tri-city job!!)

Annie Jarman said...

We keep saying that between the two we've got right now Emily is the one that is going to end up in the ER first with a broken bone or something. She is totally fearless.

It's a good thing those little ones are so mendable!

PS: Cute new family pictures! You need to add two more to have your blog title make sense... Is that a good reason to have more babies?!

Clarissa said...

She is the third child...that's what it is!! Not only is Jillian the most mischievous, she is the most accident prone one too!

Love the new pictures of the family! You guys are beautiful! And hey...I thought you were going to call me! Haha love you Tracie.