Thursday, July 30, 2009

FORKS!!

I have to dedicate this post to three different people. First to my bestest girl Kate, who introduced me to Twilight before it was so "cool", to my dear friend Sarah, who is, I believe, an even bigger Twilight fan than I am and third, to my dear friend Rene, because she just couldn't understand why in the world I was driving to Forks. Her comment to me on Sunday as she grabbed my hand was, "Traci, you know Edward isn't real right, and he doesn't actually live in Forks!!" Yes, my sweet Rene, I know this, but I still had to go there and just imagine - him, me, the meadow. You get the idea!! Check out this sign.

So, on Thursday of our vacation my mom and I planned to drive to Forks and take in all the "sights". And yes, I know they didn't film the movie there, but that is where it all happened in the books so hush up!! My friend Lavonda decided to take the day of and join us when she found out we were going and it made for an absolutely perfect day!! Three adults with my three kids and off we went. Four hours later we made it to Forks and I am so NOT kidding when I say we were not alone!! When we pulled up in front of the visitors center there had to be at least 20 other cars there and guess what - they were all doing the exact same thing we were. It was unreal!! Everywhere we went people were there taking pictures and buying souveniers just like us!! It was crazy!! So, our first stop was of course, driving into town and seeing the welcome sign.
Then we went to the visitors center and got our map and took pictures of the replica of Bella's truck that they had parked out front.


Next, we drove to Bella's house, or what it might have been if they had filmed there. They had a sign out front that said - Home of The Swans. Too cute.


Then we went to Forks Community Hospital and got to see where Dr. Cullen parks one of his fabulous cars everyday before he goes to work. I couldn't resist lying down in his spot, just to be closer to him.




After that we headed to Forks High School, where of course, Bella and Edward go to school. This was definitely a highlight.


Then it was Forks City Hall, where the police department is housed and Charlie works. I even got a pic of a real Forks City police car!!



And last, but not least, was Forks version of what the Cullen house would have been. Not what I pictured at all, but I think it was the best they could do.



After taking in all the sights we ate at a local pizza parlor and hit the stores like crazy. They have a store downtown that is called Dazzled by Twilight that exclusively sells Twilight stuff and does Twilight tours. And every other drug store or hardware store touts all Twilight things for sale. Did I already mention there were tons of people there? I'm still flabbergasted by it. It was so full of Twilight fans on a Thursday in July. Awesome. After doing some shopping we had to head out to La Push beach of course, which is about 20 minutes outside of town. It was beautiful and the day was literally gray and cloudy, just like it should be in Forks!! This sign was posted on the road right before we crossed over onto Quilete land. Love it!!


And this is La Push beach. Looks exactly like I pictured it in my head. I filled my pockets with beautiful rocks from the beach and they will find a special place in my shrine to Twilight I have in my office.


When my husband saw this picture he thought I had done this on the beach. It took me a while to convince him that it was already there and I just stole a pic. It really was though!! I love it, but I didn't do it!!

And this was the other side of the sign when we were driving off the reservation.

And this is me and my Edward!! Don't we look good together!! We stopped at a gas station and this was sitting on the front porch of the store and the sign said to go ahead and take pics, so I couldn't pass this up. Eat your heart out Sarah!!

It turned out to be the best day of my whole vacation - stop laughing Rene - and we were so pooped out by the time we got home at 10:00 pm. We spent almost six hours in Forks, Forks people!! It was a blast. And I will forever remember it now with my bumper sticker that will stay on my van forever. It says, Twilight Mom - Forks, WA.

8 comments:

Annie Jarman said...

I love you, Traci. So much.

Wish I could have gone!

Lindsey said...

Gosh I went to Forks when it wasn't even cool. Wish I could have gone too!

lisa said...

How cute are you!! What a fun trip to Forks! :)
Sorry about the job, hopefully something will turn up soon. If not you might want to check if Forks needs a good chiropractor...wouldn't that be fun. :)
I will keep you in my prayers.

Liz said...

LOVE the picture of you and Edward. Forks looks so awesome. I showed Dave the picture of the I love Edward in the sand, the first thing he said was "she must have made that" what is with these guys.

Barbi Mecham said...

Seriously loved it! I wish I could have gone while I was up there. What a crack up!

Brooke Moss said...

Someday I will get there! SOMEDAY! How freakin cool was that day???? I am jealous! BEYOND jealous. I hate it when people remind me that Edward isnt real....because in my mind, he IS. No seriously, he is. I pictured the Cullen home much bigger than that, for sure, but everything else was perfect. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!! Next time, tell me, and we'll go together.

Unknown said...

First, I hope you guys find work soon! Second, I'm amazed that you went to Forks! lol...I am sure Edward was there in spirit...:-)

Rene said...

Traci, Traci, Traci.... I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears. You crack me up. Forks Tourism department must love you! I'm sorry to rain on your parade... but come on, if you're gonna fall in love at least fall for the right man... Jacob!
Love ya!!!