Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bad News/Good News

You know how everyone usually wants to know the good news first? Well, I thought I'd try it the other way around and tell you our bad news first and then on to happier stuff once I get that out of the way!! Unfortunately, Todd lost his job here in Spokane. Hasn't been too huge of a shock because he and his boss didn't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff and Todd hasn't been happy for awhile. The hard part is that he signed a no compete clause in his contract which means we basically can't work for another doctor in Spokane for the next three years. So all of this means that we are looking anywhere and everywhere in the state of Washington for another job and any prayers on our behalf would be greatly appreciated!! The only way really to be able to stay in Spokane would be to do something other than chiropractic, but that just doesn't make any sense to me at all. That's what he does, that's what he loves. We'll keep you posted on where this adventure called life is taking us next!! Now, enough bad news. We just got back from a week and a half out at my parents house and we had a fun, relaxing time.

Drove over on Thursday, the 16th, and I will admit my kids did really well. It's a six hour drive, so I stopped every two hours to go potty, eat, or just let the kids run around for a little and we had no major temper tantrums or breakdowns, so yay!! The traffic was really great until I got on I-5 going south and I swear it took us forever to get to Chehalis!! What's with all the cars people?!? But we made it safe and sound and my kids couldn't get out of the car fast enough when we got to Grandma's house.

Friday we went grocery shopping in the morning and then played outside the rest of the day because it was HOT!! While we were playing outside we had another what I like to call "Marcus Moment". As I was changing him from his shorts to his swimming trunks he told me he had to go potty. I told him to just go for it and he literally walked over to the fence around the yard and proceeded to pee all over it!! Boys are born gross. I didn't even tell him what to do he just went and did it, like it was instinctual or something. I swear. We laughed so hard I think we all pee'd in our pants just a little. For the rest of the week I could barely get the kid to pee in a toilet. He kept wanting to go outside and "paint" Papa's white fence a lovely shade of yellow. I took pics, but I can't sensor the naked butt so the hubby asked me to refrain from showing our son's naked butt all over the internet. Too funny!! Apparently my parents kiddy pool had a hole in it so we had to resort to this for our water entertainment!!
That night one of my friends was having an open house for her son that was leaving on a mission (Way to go Richard!!) so I headed over for the party. Forgot my camera, but it was great because tons of people from my old Adna ward were there and I got to visit and catch up with them. After the party was over my girl Clarissa and I headed out for some much needed girl time and let's just say, I didn't get home until 1:00 am!! I love you Clarissa! We had to squeeze all our visiting into one night because she was going to be at girls camp the whole time I was visiting. So fun!!

Saturday, we headed up to Olympia so the kids could go visit Lavonda and Annie and we could have some free time. We dropped them off and my parents and Todd and I went out for lunch and then did some shopping. (Since Todd wasn't working he joined us for a few days on our vacation and then headed back to continue the job search)

Sunday we went to church and I seriously sent Todd in early to save "our" row. Our family has gone to church in the same building for forever and we have sat in the same pew for as long as I can remember. Now that it's just mom and dad they don't always sit there and I was like, well, we are today!! I'm pretty sure that one of my siblings has carved the name Jarman on that bench somewhere after all these years!! After church Lavonda and Annie came down and we just ate and visited and played games and totally by accident Vonda and Raquel were dressed the same!! How cute are they?!?

Monday we took the kids to see Ice Age 3 and then Grandma took them home and Todd and I went out on a date. He took me to dinner at Applebee's and then to see Transformers 2. At dinner I told him we've been married too long. You see, we didn't talk to each other. We each had our magazine's that we wanted to read so we each read and didn't really talk until our food came. Either we are really comfortable with one another or we need help. I like to think that we are just comfortable and we don't have to talk all the time!!

Tuesday we took the kids to the Tacoma zoo. It was fun, but holy hecka really hot!! We were dying by the end of the day!! And so were the animals. A lot of them were hiding out in their pens to try and find some shade. The aquarium was the best because it had AC. We did it twice!! And the polar bears were just catching some zzz's when we first walked in but then it was feeding time and the guy was throwing the fish right at the window we were standing in front of, so that ended up being the best part of the day. Watching that huge animal eat fish and fruit right in front of us was pretty awesome. Before we left the park we let the kids ride the carousel and they loved it. I couldn't get Raigan off! She started screaming every time we tried to take her off so I think we went on the thing like four times in a row!!

Wednesday we had a play date at my friend Rene's house. Her daughter and Raquel are the same age and I brought Marcus along because the kid is permanently attached to my side. They played for hours and Rene and I visited and visited and laughed and laughed. At one point someone got Nerf guns out and there ended up being a horrible war. Pretty sure Rene and I won!! Thanks for the visit Rene!!

Thursday we went to Forks, but that deserves a whole post all on it's own so I will not say anything about that yet!!

Friday and Saturday we just played and read and tried to stay cool because it was REALLY HOT by then!! Sunday I packed and Monday we drove home. It was a great vacation, but I am pooped and ready to just be home for a bit. I have to get ready for my next round of guests though. My sister will be flying in from Utah to stay for a week and my parents will be driving over at the same time so we're looking forward to seeing them next Friday!!

8 comments:

Brooke Moss said...

BRING ON THE FORKS POST!!!!

Annie Jarman said...

Oh I am SO sorry to hear about Todd's job! Geez, can you guys catch a break already?

And I love the pictures of your kids playing in the buckets. We do that too because, well, it's what we've got!

Miss you guys tons! We are DEFINITELY planning on coming up for Christmas.

Lindsey said...

Loved the pictures! Can't WAIT to see you guys!

Kate said...

Hey... so sorry about Todd's job... but maybe Tri-Cities will be next!! When I get home I'll get the number of the chiropractor I was going to. She is awesome and there's a member guy at the practice too... maybe they will be hiring! Loved the Forks post too... so fun! We come home from our trip tomorrow.

Barbi Mecham said...

That is awful about Todd's job. Justin lost his a couple of months ago. We have jumped into self employment! Good luck with the job search.
As for the vacation...so fun! I love the Jarman family. I can honestly see your brothers carving their name in the pew :)

RR said...

Traci i need to talk to you. I know alot is going on in your life. I know you already have So many better friends then me, but I need you! Your personality is unique and you're so funny. I do how do I explain..sort of in a edward..bella way. I just do. I don't have your number. Can you email it to me. Rach

Momma Sarah said...

WOW! You guys are so in our prayers! Like Kate said, maybe the Tri-Cities is your next stop?? At least you would be closer, huh? Sounds like you had a GREAT vacation despite your bad news...

Rene said...

Oh Traci... Sorry about Todd's job.
I had such a fun time seeing you! I'm so glad you came to visit (and have a Nerf gun war!) It was fun to catch up. I'm glad you brought Marcus too. He is so sweet! I loved seeing him and Raquel again. Lindsay was sad when we called to see if Raquel could come over again and you had headed home!
We'll be praying for you. I hope Todd finds a new job soon.