Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping

Todd had Friday off from work (yay), so we decided to do the version of camping that works for our family of little ones right now. And that was to put up the tent in our back yard and pretend that we were sleeping somewhere else!! Hey, don't knock it - the kids had a blast and I got to sleep inside in my bed because somebody had to be inside with Raigan!! We built a "fire", made smores and Raquel begged her daddy to tell her scary stories. It ended up only being Raquel and Todd outside and I ended up inside with the other kids, but they all had fun playing in the tent for a couple of days. And that will be the extent of our camping for this summer!!

3 comments:

Rene said...

We camped for the 4th this year too, only I didn't get to sleep in my bed! My back is killing me!!!! We went to Seaside and camped at Thousand Trails which is my only way I'll go. Clean showers, flushing toilets, hot tub to ease the back pain from sleeping on a blow up mattress, and yummy restaurants all over the place! My family says it isn't "real" camping but it's all I'm gonna do :)
So, when does Todd get his fireworks back?

Annie Jarman said...

That's my kind of camping, too! Can't wait to see you in a few months!! Thank goodness for weddings, eh? We'll definitely have to sneak out and have some girl time!

Clarissa said...

Yeah...I would have done the same thing!!