Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Vampire Series

I just wanted to let all my fellow vampire lovers out there know that I stumbled across a new series that is really good!! I was looking for something about vampires, but of course I didn't want to get anything that was too violent and gross. So I bought the first book in this series at Target to see if it was any good and hello - they had me by the end of the first chapter. Now, if you are super sensitive about some things then it's not for you. There is a lot of cussing and some shall we say questionable moments, but nothing that's gonna make you blush or anything. So you were warned and you can't come back and get after me if you read them. I understand my threshold for the inappropriate is probably much higher than most, but I told my mom to go buy them for heaven's sake so I think you'll all be okay!! Anyhoo, enough blabbering - they are called The House of Night series by authors PC & Kristen Cast. There are five books out so far and the sixth is coming out in November (hello, best month ever - New Moon!!). The books are called Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed and Hunted. It's kind of a cross between Twilight and Harry Potter. You've got teenagers, vampires, a vampire school, magic, and so on. Now, the cheapest I have seen them is at Costco for like five bucks. Next best place was WalMart and then Target. So, go check them out and if any of my ladies in Spokane wants them I have all five and you can borrow!! Happy reading!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I haven't read this one... when I first started reading your post I thought it was about the Sookie books, but I'll try these!!

Amy Jarman said...

I am reading it too. There is a lot of cussing. The series goes a little down hill after the 1st book. I like them though. I am on the last of the series.