Thursday, July 2, 2009

One Year Anniversary

I can not believe we have lived in Spokane for a year!! Time has sure flown. I personally, have learned a lot about myself and my family in this past year, so I thought I would bore you with the details. Try not to enjoy!!

1. I can in fact, survive without my mother living two minutes away from me. I don't like it, actually, I hate it, but I have survived. I can take all my kids with me everywhere I need to go and somehow get done everything I wanted to get done. I didn't use to have to do that cuz they could go to Grandma's house any time I wanted to ditch them.

2. I can survive my husband working way more hours than he has ever worked in our whole marriage and be extra appreciative of the time that he is home with us.

3. I can go from having "it all" to having "just enough" and be totally happy about it. Sure it has been hard, but I think my whole family has learned to live with less and enjoy finding more affordable ways to entertain ourselves, shop, etc. We have even learned in a pinch you can sell all kinds of stuff on craigslist to take care of unexpected things!!

4. I have definitely learned that what we have is enough. We have a job, our kids are healthy and happy, our cars run (for now), our bills are paid and the pantry is full. We have enough.

5. My relationship with my husband is of the utmost importance. Without love and communication and utter devotion to one another I am positive the things of "this world" that we have had to go through over the past two years would have done us in.

6. I can make new friends!! This was a scary one for me because I had such a fantastic group of friends back home that I was actually so nervous about moving to a new place and trying to fit in. But there are good people everywhere and we always seem to find each other, don't we? I am so thankful for the church for that. How scary would it be to go somewhere where you don't know a soul and not have a bishop you know you can call and a ward to become a part of.

7. The weather here is way intense. Since we have moved here we were within blocks of having to be evacuated because of a really bad wildfire, we have seen wicked thunder and lightning storms, we have had over two feet of snow accumulate within 24 hours and basically been snowed in, we have experienced below zero temperatures and seriously crazy wind storms. We have also heard that emergency broadcast thing on the TV tons of times. And not the test thing they do people - the real deal!! So much so that it doesn't even phase me anymore. I just get pissed because they are interrupting my TV watching.

8. I know the best thing I have learned in this experience is that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and my family and He does love us so much. He takes care of us and knows our needs and wants us to try our best. And He forgives me and loves me for me - and all the faults I carry around daily. I am so grateful to Him.

I'm sure there are tons more things I have learned, but those are the ones that have been floating around in my head for the past two days, so I thought it would be fun to share. Here's to year two in Spokane!!

5 comments:

Clarissa said...

It's really awesome to read this and see what you have learned. You rock Miss Traci. But, oh how I miss you.

Brooke Moss said...

I, for one, am very thankful you moved to Spokane!!

Kate said...

Wow- hard to believe it's been a year right?? I'm really happy that you guys are doing so great and loving Spokane. Now... if only we could get together more!

Lindsey said...

wuv you sissy.

Momma Sarah said...

Way to go Trace! It's amazing how the Lord leads us to grow, huh?? I love your comment about 'enough'. It's soooo true!