Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th to everyone and especially Happy Birthday to my brother Neil who also gets to celebrate on this day!! In fact, congratulations are in order because Neil and his girlfriend Suzanne got engaged this weekend while they were in New York City to celebrate his birthday!! Yay!! We had a really mellow fourth because you're not allowed to do fireworks over here and we definitely weren't taking Raigan out that late and just listen to her cry at one of the shows they put on. So, the extent of our fireworks were some sparklers in the backyard which of course Marcus had to go and burn his finger on and then was miserable the rest of the night!! My husband actually did buy some other fireworks, but I hid them. Yup, I did!! What is it with guys and their need to see things blow up!!?? I was just so mad because hello, we live in the city now and in a rental for pete's sake and what if something happened or someone called the cops, then what would ya do? So, I wouldn't let him light them off. I know, I know, I'm such a drag, but I have been around one to many "accidents" (Bubba) and I wasn't having any of it. They are still hidden and no one knows where they are but me!! Tee-Hee!! My sister informed me that I have the same complaint every fourth of July that my husband spends too much on fireworks and I hate it and so on and so forth!! Thanks, sis!! It's like watching my grocery money go up in smoke!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

haha, i can't wait till next year when you tell me the same complaint again.

Clarissa said...

So, are you going to elaborate on the accident that involved Bubba? You should show me where you hid the fireworks next time I come to visit.