Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spiders - Yuck!!

Spokane has spiders. Big spiders. And I hate them!! We started seeing them last summer, only in the basement. Then of course nothing during the fall, winter or spring and I thought they weren't going to be so bad this summer until about a week ago. They are everywhere downstairs. Never seen one upstairs, but there is at least one screaming fit a day at my house because someone has spotted a spider and wants me to come and get it. The only problem is that I am scared too!! They are big and hairy and scary fast!! Two nights ago I was putting Marcus and Raquel to bed and one came scurrying out of its hiding spot and right up the wall next to their bunkbeds. Yeah, they both slept upstairs that night. And we decided to go on the defensive the next day. We bought spider traps and last night we sealed off our downstairs and made everyone sleep upstairs and we bombed the heck out of our basement. Hopefully we have the upper hand, but time will tell. Meanwhile, I've finally got my kids back in their beds with the promise that daddy killed all the spiders last night. Here are some of our casulties. Gross.

6 comments:

Rene said...

YUCK! Those things are huge! I wouldn't sleep downstairs with those monsters either!

Brooke Moss said...

You know, I have to say...Spokane does have big, GROSS spiders. Our house is old, and so we have some beasts come out sometimes. The sad thing is, Monte is terrified of them, and so I am the resident spider killer around here. What the crap? So much for my knight in shining armour.

lisa said...

Sick! Those are huge! I think I would be sleeping in the car! ;)

Annie Jarman said...

Oh gag! I'm getting nervous just looking at that picture!

Unknown said...

Oh gross! Those are just just disgusting....they look just like the freaky huge and fast Cane spiders in Hawaii.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

Momma Sarah said...

I'm getting the he-be-gee-be's looking at that! Hope they are gone for a good while!