Friday, June 20, 2008

Surprise!!

I love my girlfriends! This past Wednesday I was going to a YW presidency meeting at Janell's (or so I thought). I show up to her house in jeans, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap thinking it was just going to be a meeting to go over camp stuff. I went inside and Janell is like come downstairs, I need to show you this girls camp website I found. I was like, I'm sure I've seen it because I am all about girls camp and she's like, just come downstairs and look at it. So, I follow her downstairs and come around the corner and there sit all my awesome girlfriends who have gathered to throw me a surprise going away party.

I cried, of course, because that's all I do lately. They had a sign and balloons, and Janell made me the most beautiful blanket and they took me out to eat at Applebee's. They were all dressed up so cute and here I was in my crappy clothes. I was so mad at Todd for letting me leave the house like that, but he was like I couldn't say anything or you would know something was up!! It was such a surprise and made me feel so loved. I will miss our Girls Night Out's. They all signed this little book for me all about girlfriends and I don't want to embarrass Clarissa, but she wrote me the most awesome poem that I must share with you now.


Dearest Traci, friend to all

It made us all so sad

To hear that you are moving

In fact, some of us are mad


It came as a surprise

To hear that you'd be gone

We can't lose Traci, silly Traci

She can't be moving on


We can't lose Traci, silly Traci

The one that makes us giggle

We can't lose Traci, goofy Traci

With the fabulous boobs that jiggle


But, alas, it is true

She'll be leaving in a week or two

So everybody raise your cup

(Full of Dr Pepper, not 7Up)


To a lovely lady who is the best

Give 'em hell Traci
We'd expect nothing less!!

No comments: