Monday, June 23, 2008

There Really Is A Tooth Fairy!!


Raquel lost her fourth tooth yesterday, so all she wants for Christmas is her two front teeth. Hee-Hee! As tradition in our home you place your lost tooth in a plastic baggie and put it under your pillow and just like magic the next morning your tooth is gone and there are four shiny quarters in its place. So, right before bed last night Raquel puts her tooth under her pillow and goes to sleep. (If you believe in the Tooth Fairy you must stop reading this right now!!) The only problem was the Tooth Fairy, aka ME, fell asleep too. I mean, heaven forbid mommy be a little tired right now. It's not like I'm trying to pack up and move to Spokane or anything! I wake up at 6:15 this morning and it clicked - I forgot to put money under her pillow! I race upstairs to see if she's still sleeping and send Todd on a mission to find me four shiny quarters.


Thank heavens my daughter sleeps like a rock. I crawl into her room on my hands and knees with quarters in hand so she won't see me if she wakes up. I go to her pillow which her beautiful head is resting upon and carefully stick my hand underneath it searching for the baggie with the tooth in it. IT'S GONE!! I am not kidding. The frickin' tooth fairy really exists. I mean I am searching everywhere for that stupid tooth praying the whole time that my daughter doesn't wake up and ask me what I am doing. I can't find it. I look under the bed, I carefully pull up her bedspread to see if it moved from under the pillow and I practically roll her off her pillow looking for it. It is nowhere to be found. So, genius that I am, I put the quarters under her pillow and crawl back out of her room.


Needless to say, she woke up, found her money and was happy as could be. Meanwhile, I spend the rest of the day looking for that baggie and hoping she doesn't find it before me. As usual, Todd rescues me by moving her bed to take it apart for the move and finds it underneath. It must've fallen down between the wall and the bed and gotten stuck. Whew!! The Tooth Fairy lives on!!!

3 comments:

RR said...

traci,
I love the way you write. You get me laughing so hard. When exactly are you moving? Will we be able to get together before you leave? Let me know. Rachel

Kate said...

Hey you,

Love your post... that is so cute! I do that ALL the time and when my kids get out of bed and remind me, I go get a dollar out of my purse while they aren't watching, stick it in the palm of my hand and then say, "let's go have a look". When I slide my hand under the pillow, I find the dollar! Amazing! So.. you just have to learn a few tricks after having five kids. Raquel is just your first tooth fairy experience.

Sheri Ann said...

HA! That's the funniest tooth fairy story I've ever read!

I did an author school assembly the other day, and told the assembled k-4th graders that the tooth fairy ONLY deals in quarters, because she's got to make her life simple.

I've had a lot of parents thank me for helping to keep down their tooth budgets. ;-)

Sheri

www.4kids.Bell-Rehwoldt.com
author, You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?
12,000+ copies sold!