Monday, June 2, 2008

Lost Cell Phone

I lost my cell phone today for the first time ever in all the years I've had one. We were shopping at WalMart and my mom called me. When I got off the phone I put it in my coat pocket and then later took off my coat and put it in the basket. On the way home I started freaking out because I couldn't find the phone. So, I get home and there is a message from a lady named Lynn saying she found my phone in a basket at WalMart. Now here's where it gets fun.

I figured she would say she took it in to WalMart and left it at customer service or something. Nope, Lynn doesn't trust people at WalMart and she felt the need to take it upon herself to get my phone back to me. Here are some other interesting things I found out about Lynn in the hour or so I got to know her today because she called my house at least ten times.

  • Lynn had to scroll through my phone to find my home phone number to call me and say she had my phone.
  • Lynn also saw my parents phone number under Dad & Mom and decided she best call them as well and tell them she had my phone.
  • Lynn wanted to meet at a park to return the phone, not at WalMart because I hear they aren't trustworthy there.
  • Five years ago, Lynn tells me, she would have never tried to give me my phone back she would have kept if for herself, but she is turning over a new leaf and wants to do better.
  • The cell phone Lynn is calling me from isn't hers. It's her friends who is just finishing up serving her sentence in the women's prison in Purdy and Lynn is just keeping it for her until she gets out.
  • Lynn is going to California tonight for an unknown reason.

Seriously, that was inbetween her calling me to find out what kind of car we drive, how much longer will it be and what exactly does Todd look like. I am so not kidding! I feel like Lynn and I have a bond now that can never be broken. Heck, if she is ever sent to the women's prison in Purdy, I'd take care of her cell phone anytime. Aaaaahhhhh, I love living in the country! My advice to you all, never lose your phone if you think for one second Lynn might find it.

No comments: